It’s not uncommon for couples to seek the assistance of polygraphers in resolving once and for all cheating and infidelity issues, both of which can ruin trust in one another and confidence in the relationship.
Getting to the bottom of things means asking the right questions.
And in the world of lie detector tests, the right questions have to be precisely worded and have definite objective answers, which can be correctly formulated only by polygrapher examiners who attended an accredited school, successfully completed an academic program in the discipline and finished a 1- to 2-year internship or fieldwork.
There’s another very important characteristic of the questions asked to a significant other while strapped to a lie detector instrument: each one of them is answerable with either a yes or no.
Of all the questions that can be asked, nothing can be simpler and quicker to answer than yes or no questions. That’s because they require no further explanation or justification. With a single-syllable response, the answer a polygraph examiner or any other inquisitor looks for is obtained.
However, yes-no questions can also be the most challenging to answer.
This is especially true when a person in a relationship is accused of double-crossing the other. Due to the gravity of the situation, questions answerable with a yes or no should be asked only by a reliable polygraph examiner.
What’s really nice about yes or no questions is that they can be asked to individuals in a relationship even if there are no accusations of betrayal — in many instances, asking them can make for an informative and entertaining pastime that allows two people to get to know each other further and to keep boredom at bay.
It also allows those who have just started dating to learn as many things about one another quickly.
Below, you will come across tons of yes or no questions for couples. Some of them are great for married people, while others are perfect for those who are going steady. There are also yes or no questions that are ideal for individuals who are seeing each other and wondering whether or not things should progress.
Just a quick piece of advice before we get started: keep things light and fun. Outside of a polygraph examiner’s office, asking questions answerable with a yes or no should be not to put the relationship in shambles.
Yes or No Questions to Ask Your Wife
Especially if the goal is to grow old together, give your wife no reason to think that she will someday grow tired and weary of you. And a simple way to keep things peppy and interesting is by asking her fun and exciting yes or no questions — some of her answers to your questions might even surprise the both of you!
Here are some interesting and enjoyable questions for your other half to answer with a yes or no:
- Have you ever laughed so hard you wet yourself?
- Have you ever sworn in front of your parents or grandparents?
- Have you ever gambled?
- Have you ever given a fake number?
- Have you ever been pulled over by the police?
- Have you ever considered a career in politics?
- Have you ever been dumped?
- Have you ever lied about your age?
- Have you ever snuck out of your parents’ house after dark?
- Have you ever bought anything off a TV infomercial channel?
- Have you ever been forced to stop doing something you liked?
- Have you ever done something bad out of peer pressure?
- Have you ever tried eavesdropping on a conversation about yourself?
- Have you opened mail that wasn’t intended for you?
- Is there a song that always reminds you of me?
- Is it okay to keep secrets from your spouse?
- Is there an embarrassing story that your friends blackmail you with?
- Am I someone you can see in your life forever?
- Do you believe in the afterlife?
- Do you believe in karma?
- Do you have any unusual pet peeves?
- Are there any of my friends you don’t like?
- Could you watch a horror film alone?
- Could you go a day without your cell phone?
- Would you have changed your career if you could go back?
- Would you ever quit your job to travel the world?
- Would you ever consider getting plastic surgery?
- Would you live on another planet with me?
- Would you read people’s minds if you could?
- Would you consider accompanying me when I go lingerie shopping?
Yes or No Questions to Ask Your Husband
There are many things that you can do to keep the marriage going strong. And a lot of them have something to do with communicating with your husband. When it seems like there’s nothing interesting to talk about, ask your other half questions that he can answer with a yes or no to keep the communication lines alive and kicking.
The following are questions that allow the two of you to connect in a uniquely absorbing manner:
- Have you ever been in trouble with the law?
- Have you ever cried at a children’s movie?
- Have you ever laughed at an inappropriate time?
- Have you ever ghosted someone?
- Have you ever done something you said you wouldn’t?
- Have you ever lied to someone for a good reason?
- Have you ever performed in front of an audience?
- Have you ever been influenced by a friend to start a hobby that you still have now?
- Have you ever used a dating app?
- Do I have an annoying habit you’ve never told me about?
- Do I tell you enough how much I love you?
- Do you have any nicknames I don’t know about?
- Do you think I spend too much money?
- Do you always wash your hands after the bathroom?
- Do you believe in horoscopes?
- Did you have a crush on me when we first met?
- Did you ever have a crush on one of your teachers?
- Did you ever break something valuable and blame it on your family pet?
- Did you have any nicknames growing up?
- Can you tell when I need you?
- Would you like to visit Area 51?
- Would you shave your hair for $1,000?
- Would you take a bullet for me?
- Would you work under me if I were your boss?
- Would you sacrifice your job to go traveling?
- Would you do something you don’t enjoy for the person you love?
- Would you let me wax all your body hair on a dare?
- Would you consider being self-employed?
- Would you consider owning a monster truck?
- Would you consider selling a kidney for money?
Yes or No Questions to Ask Your Girlfriend
Just because you and your girlfriend have been going steady for a while now doesn’t mean that you should slow down in getting to know her more. Besides, nothing can make her feel treasured and wanted more than you showing you are just as interested in her as before the two of you decided to commit to one another.
You’re in luck — here are some yes or no questions your girlfriend may find engaging to answer:
- Have you ever betrayed a friend?
- Have you ever been really mad at me?
- Have you ever stepped on your own principles?
- Have you ever been on TV or in the newspaper?
- Have you ever kept a relationship a secret?
- Have you ever had a really bad breakup?
- Have you ever gotten back with an ex?
- Have you ever kissed a stranger?
- Have you ever binge-watched an entire TV series in a day?
- Have you ever bought something that’s exorbitantly expensive?
- Have you ever farted in public?
- Have you ever laughed so hard that you ended up crying?
- Have you had a near-death experience?
- Have you ever stolen someone else’s food?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- Do you believe in fate?
- Do you believe in getting revenge?
- Do you believe that money can buy happiness?
- Do you like guys that ask a lot of questions?
- Do you feel I go shopping too much?
- Did you ever date someone you knew your friend liked?
- Are you willing to change your opinion if proven wrong?
- Are you religious or spiritual?
- Should women change their last names when they get married?
- Could you eat in a restaurant alone?
- Were you ever so angry with your parents that you wanted to run away?
- Would you ever kiss a complete stranger on a dare?
- Would you ever hitchhike?
- Would you rather be doing something else with your life right now?
- Would you share your toothbrush with someone you love?
Yes or No Questions to Ask Your Boyfriend
As a girlfriend, there are many different things that you can do to keep your boyfriend happy with and committed to the relationship. And one of them is asking him questions with yes or no answers, which is something that can keep him engaged and allow you to know more and more about your other half.
These are some examples of yes or no questions that can keep the two of you preoccupied:
- Have you had relationships that lasted less than a week?
- Have you ever had feelings for one of your friends?
- Have you ever confessed to a crush?
- Have you ever been questioned by the police?
- Have you ever been stalked by an ex?
- Have you ever dated two people at once?
- Have you ever tried to make someone cry?
- Have you ever cried at the movies?
- Have you ever run away from home?
- Have you ever been in a car accident?
- Have you ever got lost?
- Have you ever thought about quitting your job?
- Have you ever gone without a shower for more than two days?
- Are white lies acceptable in a relationship?
- Are you the type who makes the same mistake over and over?
- Should you put on your pants before your socks?
- Is it easy for you to read my feelings?
- If you were asked to tell your deepest, darkest secret, would you?
- Do you believe in soulmates?
- Do you believe that animals have souls?
- Do you believe that we’re not alone in the universe?
- Do you think time travel is possible?
- Do you have any phobias?
- Do you prefer texts over calls?
- Did you ever bully anyone when you were young?
- Were you ever dumped via text or email?
- Would you pick a friend over a family member?
- Would you change cities to be with the one you love?
- Would you consider owning an RV?
- Would you ever dye your hair any color?
Yes or No Questions to Ask Your Female Date
According to a 2020 report by the Pew Research Center (PRC), up to 55% of women say that dating has gotten harder for people in the last 10 years. The one you are currently dating could be one of them! If so, it’s a good idea to prove her wrong by keeping things fun and interesting the next time you’re together, like by asking yes or no questions.
Without any more ado, here are some fun and interesting yes-no questions to ask her:
- Have you ever been cheated on?
- Have you ever dated someone who’s a lot older or younger than you?
- Have you ever been on a blind date?
- Have you ever stopped doing something you like?
- Have you ever gotten into a fight with a best friend?
- Have you ever meddled in other people’s private business?
- Have you ever lied about yourself?
- Have you ever told someone you’d call them back but never did?
- Have you ever tried to pass the blame for something bad you did?
- Have you or would you date someone of the same sex?
- Have you ever gone commando?
- Do you think it’s ok to date a friend’s ex?
- Do you believe that it’s okay to tell white lies?
- Do first impressions matter?
- Do you like public displays of affection?
- Do you like rollercoasters?
- Do you have a hidden talent?
- Do you have any tattoos?
- Do you enjoy watching daytime TV?
- Do you believe in psychics?
- Do you speak any foreign languages?
- Do you like to partake in gossip?
- Are you good at keeping secrets?
- Are you still friends with any childhood friends?
- Were you popular in school?
- Would you consider going bungee jumping?
- Would you consider being a famous celebrity?
- Would you ever borrow money from someone?
- Would you kiss me after I ate something with garlic?
- Should people who cheat be forgiven?
Yes or No Questions to Ask Your Male Date
It’s no secret that men are less likely to share their feelings. Dating one and you want to get to know him more without causing him unnecessary pressure? Then consider throwing some questions answerable with a yes or no his way — you can learn a lot of things about your date without him feeling you are placing him under a microscope.
Here are some thought-provoking yes or no questions perfect for when you are on a date:
- Have you ever turned a skill into a hobby?
- Have you ever fallen asleep in class?
- Have you ever won an award or trophy?
- Have you ever used a fake ID?
- Have you ever cheated on someone?
- Have you ever had your heart broken?
- Have you ever told someone you loved her and not meant it?
- Have you ever told a lie just to make yourself look good?
- Have you ever written someone a song or a poem?
- Have you ever been in a long-distance relationship?
- Have you ever met a celebrity?
- Have you ever been to a tanning store?
- Have you ever been in a fistfight?
- Have you ever received a package in the mail by accident and kept it?
- Have you ever clogged a toilet?
- Is breakfast for dinner acceptable?
- Do you believe in ghosts?
- Do you like conspiracy theories?
- Do you like going to theme parks?
- Do you find it easy to get over a relationship?
- Do you have a close relationship with your parents?
- Do you think you’re a better talker than a listener?
- Did your last romantic relationship end on good terms?
- Are you someone who is willing to give anything a try?
- Are you good at buying gifts for someone?
- Were you ever friends with benefits with anyone?
- Were you ever friend-zoned?
- Could you eat only your favorite food for the rest of your entire life?
- Would you consider yourself the romantic type?
- Would you rather be doing something else with your life right now?
Running out of yes or no questions to ask should be the least of your worries as there are tons of them. However, outside of a polygraph exam, it’s a must to practice caution when asking some of them to someone you married or are dating. Otherwise, it could cause trust issues, which could potentially put the relationship in shambles.