Some of the most uncomfortable questions can come from the mouth of a polygraph expert.
But there’s no need for you to be a graduate of a polygraph school or have a lie detector machine with you just to put someone — a family member, friend or significant other — on the hot seat.
Asking some of the most embarrassing polygraph questions can be mortifying for both the enquirer and the respondent. Just about any cringe-worthy or compromising question answerable with a yes or no that can ever come out of an inquisitive mouth and can ever fall on a pair of unsuspecting ears can elicit laughs, gasps or awkward silences.
And making matters worse is the fact that the respondent can choose between yes and no only.
This means that his or her answer is wide open to the interpretation of everyone within earshot. Well, the unspeakable question’s blushing recipient can always give an explanation before others can formulate their very own outrageous conclusions and set them in stone, too.
But while unleashing embarrassing yes or no questions can be thrilling and exhilarating, it’s of utmost importance to know your audience. Otherwise, you might end up on the receiving end of a slap in the face!
Instead of the respondent, it’s the enquirer that could wind up self-conscious if the question is asked to the wrong person, at the wrong place and at the wrong time. So, before you give up taming your curiosity and throw a question too uncomfortable to answer just like a polygraph examiner, make sure that the person can handle it.
And speaking of which, embarrassing questions are best asked if there’s a lie detector machine around. It doesn’t have to be the real deal — it can be a toy that randomly determines whether someone is lying or not.
With the device contradicting the answer of the individual whose face is probably burning, even more giggles or guffaws or gulps or shrieks are likely to fill the room. But life won’t feel complete, satisfying and fair for everyone around without the enquirer getting his or her turn to answer some horrifying questions!
In this post, I will share with you some embarrassing questions you can ask or be asked.
Just make sure that you and your “victims” are both willing to play the game so that you will come up as the hero who saves everyone from boredom rather than a sicko!
Embarrassing Polygraph Questions for Family Members
A Burmese proverb states that in times of test, family is best. But no proverb on the face of the planet states that you should not subject your family members to a polygraph examination for the sake of fun and entertainment. Everyone knows everyone quite well, and it can be easy to tell what sort of questions can leave one flushed.
Here are some yes or no questions some of your loved ones may feel too embarrassed to answer:
- Have you ever gone without showering for more than a week?
- Have you ever farted and blamed it on someone else?
- Have you ever peed in a swimming pool?
- Have you ever made up and spread a rumor about someone?
- Have you ever pretended to be someone else?
- Have you ever been so drunk that you could not remember anything the next day?
- Have you ever snuck out of your parent’s house and never got caught?
- Have you ever stolen something from a relative?
- Have you ever been arrested without your family knowing about it?
- Have you ever cursed in a place of worship?
- Have you ever forgotten an important date like a birthday or an anniversary?
- Have you ever lied to a loved one to protect his or her feelings?
- Have you ever had a crush on a cartoon character?
- Have you ever ignored someone you knew in public?
- Have you ever had a one-night stand?
- Have you ever had to hide a hickey?
- Have you ever sunbathed in the nude?
- Have you ever been mistaken for a prostitute?
- Have you ever dated two people at once?
- Have you ever used a dating app?
- Have you ever been drunk during the day?
- Have you ever read someone’s diary or journal secretly?
- Have you ever eaten expired food because you were too hungry?
- Have you ever eaten an entire pizza by yourself?
- Have you ever picked out a wedgie in public?
- Are you jealous of a family member’s success?
- Do you have a tattoo that no one in your family knows about?
- Do you secretly watch soap operas?
- Do you have a secret crush on someone I know?
- Would you sacrifice a loved one to save a dozen strangers?
Embarrassing Polygraph Questions for Friends
If true friends stick with you through thick and thin, then they should also stick around when you ask some of the most awkward yes or no questions to answer. And they should also return the favor by asking you some afterward. In every friendship, after all, there has got to be some give and take going on.
Without further ado, the following are some embarrassing questions for friends answerable with a yes or no:
- Have you ever walked in on your parents having sex?
- Have you ever cheated on your partner?
- Have you ever hit on one of your friends?
- Have you ever fallen in love with a friend’s boyfriend or girlfriend?
- Have you ever made out with an officemate in the office?
- Have you ever kissed someone on the first date?
- Have you ever experimented with the opposite sex?
- Have you ever been in a secret relationship?
- Have you ever lied on a dating app?
- Have you ever been to school or work without any sleep the night before?
- Have you ever pretended to be sick to stay home?
- Have you ever stolen money from a friend?
- Have you ever wet the bed as an adult?
- Have you ever passed gas during an intimate moment?
- Have you ever recycled gifts?
- Have you ever ruined an item of clothing you borrowed from a friend?
- Have you ever worn an outfit one time and then tried to return it?
- Have you ever gone without brushing your teeth for more than 2 days?
- Have you ever slid into the DMs of someone popular?
- Have you ever bashed a famous person online?
- Have you ever said something bad about me behind my back?
- Have you ever betrayed a friend?
- Have you ever bought a sex toy online?
- Do you usually wear the same garment several times before washing it?
- Do you have a secret picture of your ex on your phone?
- Are you completely over your ex?
- Are you a member of the mile-high club?
- Would you take the blame for a crime to save a friend’s life?
- Would you ever date someone who looked exactly like a relative?
- Would you ditch your friends for fame and fortune?
If you want to play a yes/no game with your friends check out more questions here.
Embarrassing Polygraph Questions for Couples
Keeping things exciting and fresh is important for any couple in love. This is especially true if growing sick and tired of the relationship in no time is not a part of the agenda. And one way to do that is by saying yes to answering yes or no questions, including some that can be uncomfortable but nonetheless fun to answer.
Check out some of these embarrassing lie detector test questions perfect for couples to ask each other:
- Have you ever sent a love letter or love poem to the wrong person?
- Have you ever had a crush on one of my friends?
- Have you ever gotten in the car of someone you just met?
- Have you ever been with someone just to forget someone else?
- Have you ever dated someone your family did not like?
- Have you ever not worn underwear on a night out?
- Have you ever been given a fake phone number?
- Have you ever been so full that you had to force yourself to throw up?
- Have you ever eaten leftover food from another table at a restaurant?
- Have you ever done nonsense for love?
- Have you ever lied about your age for whatever reason?
- Have you ever been hooked on an absolutely terrible TV show?
- Have you ever been bothered by something that I have told you or done?
- Have you ever kept a dirty habit from your partner?
- Have you ever done something crazy to get out of a speeding ticket?
- Have you ever stalked an ex online?
- Have you ever friend-zoned someone?
- Have you ever asked out someone who’s out of your league?
- Have you ever lost a significant amount of money?
- Have you ever swallowed your pride?
- Have you ever trespassed?
- Have you ever caught your parents having sex?
- Have you ever fantasized about doing it in a public place?
- Are there any weird things that turn you on?
- Do I have any habits that annoy you?
- Do I have a friend that you don’t particularly like?
- Do you typically learn naughty words in other languages first?
- Do you think we should be more creative in the bedroom?
- Would you lie to your partner to protect him or her?
- Would you go out on a date with a celebrity if he or she asked you out?
Embarrassing Polygraph Questions for Potential Love Interests
Trying to woo someone? Then scaring away the person should be the last thing you want. But it’s also important to show him or her that you are far from being plain and boring! Embarrassing yes or no questions — they can come in handy whenever the two of you find yourselves desperately feeling around for some things to talk about.
So, without any more delay, here are some quite embarrassing polygraph questions for budding lovebirds:
- Have you ever witnessed a crime and never told the police about it?
- Have you ever kissed someone inside your circle of friends?
- Have you ever accidentally burped while kissing someone?
- Have you ever broken someone’s heart?
- Have you ever gotten a tattoo you regretted?
- Have you ever called 911 for an embarrassing situation?
- Have you ever had a wardrobe malfunction in public?
- Have you ever dropped your phone in the toilet?
- Have you ever clogged somebody else’s toilet?
- Have you ever blamed someone else for something that was your fault?
- Have you ever been in trouble with the law?
- Have you ever fantasized about kissing your teacher or professor?
- Have you ever been called out on social media for photoshopping your selfie?
- Have you ever pretended to be someone you’re not?
- Have you ever had an imaginary friend?
- Have you ever secretly looked at someone else’s phone?
- Have you ever gone on a date with no intention of paying for anything?
- Have you ever used a cheesy pickup line?
- Have you ever walked out on a blind date?
- Have you ever done the walk of shame?
- Have you ever given someone a fake name?
- Have you ever fake-cried to get something?
- Have you ever sent a dirty text to the wrong person?
- Have you ever told someone you loved him or her even if you didn’t?
- Have you ever judged a person based on his or her appearance?
- Do you think that a man and a woman can be exclusively friends?
- Do you think that white lies are justifiable?
- Do you have an embarrassing nickname?
- Would you change something about yourself for love?
- Would you agree to be a millionaire even if it meant you would never find true love?
Embarrassing Polygraph Questions for Strangers
Some of the closest friends and madly-in-love couples started out as complete strangers. But then there are also those that go back to being total strangers all over again. But since no one knows for sure how things would pan out, you could at least try to do your best to turn a stranger into something, such as by asking some yes or no questions.
Here are some embarrassing ones to consider if you want to keep things fun and interesting:
- Have you fallen in love at first sight?
- Have you ever crashed a wedding?
- Have you ever been put behind bars?
- Have you ever passed out from drinking so much?
- Have you ever flashed someone deliberately or by accident?
- Have you ever had a hand stuck into something?
- Have you ever run out of toilet paper when in a public toilet?
- Have you ever pooped in the ocean?
- Have you ever Googled your own name?
- Have you ever told a crush that you liked him or her?
- Have you ever accidentally shared a secret?
- Have you ever given a complete stranger a compliment?
- Have you ever given someone a fake phone number?
- Have you pretended to get a text to leave a date?
- Have you ever been on a blind date?
- Have you ever stood someone up on a date?
- Have you ever dumped someone over a text?
- Have you ever laughed at a racist joke?
- Have you ever been thrown out of a bar or club?
- Have you ever secretly used someone else’s toothbrush?
- Have you ever worn someone else’s underwear?
- Have you ever used someone else’s Netflix account?
- Have you ever ran out on a meal without paying?
- Have you ever bribed someone?
- Do you think men and women are equal?
- Do you have a fake Facebook account online?
- Did you ever get peer pressured to do something bad?
- Were you ever friends with benefits with anyone?
- Would you consider having your partner’s name tattooed on you?
- Would you let me see your web search history?